Whenever I come across a sweet matchbook at a bar/restaurant/venue/etc., I get this grandiose plan and think, “Sunofagun, this is a cool set of wooden sticks with a wicked neat color on top. I’m going to grab a handful, save one for the collection, and burn stuff with the other 9…” It never goes as planned and I usually end up wither losing said matchbooks, burning them all in a pyro-junkie-induced haze, or merely getting bored and saying, “Collecting matchbooks is for old ladies and shut-ins….which I am totally not!” Last night, I took Ben to My Brother’s Bar for one of Denver’s best burgers as it was his last night in town. As is routine, I grabbed 4 or 5 packs of matches from the cup on the bar and stuffed them in my pocket. I got home and put them in the coffee tin above my fridge I dedicate to matches. I probably won’t think about them for a few months…because I have a lighter.
- You look good doing what you're doing. Some better than others, but I applaud the effort, regardless.
The 100 Days of Ties Project
Gents with Questions for the Fairer Sex:
- 100 Days of Ties: Day 88 with Jimmy Eat World, Gant Rugger, and those Gitman Brothers.
- 100 Days of Ties: Day 87, continuing with the bow ties, Jimmy Buffett and dreaming of boat drinks.
- 100 Days of Ties: Day 86, a long overdue bowtie and one. cold. morning. commute.
- Quality and Quantity: Purge to fill with the Yuketen Country Ranger and more.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.