So I don’t know whether or not I will have time to do any part of the American Whiskey Trail on my upcoming trip to Nashville, but rest assured, it is among my 2010 goals. I know you were wondering and all, so I thought I would keep you abreast of all updates. However, I am told that we will have time to at least visit the Jack Daniels distillery, which, needless to say, and if you know me by any stretch of the word, I am excited about. As an imbiber of the spirit and as grow older, I have come to appreciate the intricacies of each variety. On the regular, I seem to treat my tongue to the likes of Bulleit, Stranahan’s, Makers, and Buffalo Trace. This is when I am not looking to mix it with anything and opt for a neat few fingers. It wasn’t until I went to the liquor store this past weekend and picked up a bottle of Gentleman Jack that I felt the need to add to the list of what I already enjoy. Damn, damn good. Sure, I picked up a bottle of Benchmark, too, but that’s neither here nor there. What is both here and there was the checkout girl making eyes at yours truly. Unless those eyes were just to try to get me to buy the single shot of Sweet Tea liqueur on a flirtatious impulse. Now if I could just act like a gentleman after drinking the whiskey, I’d have it made in the shade. I’m working on it. Drink up, Johnny.
- You look good doing what you're doing. Some better than others, but I applaud the effort, regardless.
The 100 Days of Ties Project
Gents with Questions for the Fairer Sex:
- 100 Days of Ties: Day 88 with Jimmy Eat World, Gant Rugger, and those Gitman Brothers.
- 100 Days of Ties: Day 87, continuing with the bow ties, Jimmy Buffett and dreaming of boat drinks.
- 100 Days of Ties: Day 86, a long overdue bowtie and one. cold. morning. commute.
- Quality and Quantity: Purge to fill with the Yuketen Country Ranger and more.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.