Nashville was a good time, if I haven’t related that yet. I hadn’t ever been, had little-to-no idea what to expect, but thoroughly enjoyed every second spent there, despite the cold, wet, and windy weather. All weather issues were blown to bits when I got to dive into my shopping plans, which included visits to Imogene & Willie, FM Allen, Two Elle, and the highly-anticipated, Billy Reid. While I was able to score a few choice finds at the other shops, Billy Reid yielded a pair of Desert Boots and sharp tie. I spent a good amount of time there trying on the clothes, chatting it up with the more-than-friendly staff, and sipping complimentary bourbon, which I consider the reason I bought the boots. I’m not too into the side-zip style, but I thought, “Eh, why not? The price is right, the leather is the softest I’ve ever felt, and who knows when I’ll be back?” With that in mind, and with being somewhat disappointed with how they actual clothes fit, I went ahead with the boots and a striped wool tie. I haven’t worn the boots yet. Still in that flux stage with the zipper versus laces dilemma. Regardless of fastening system, they are beautiful and comfortable. The tie, though, I wear frequently.
- You look good doing what you're doing. Some better than others, but I applaud the effort, regardless.
The 100 Days of Ties Project
Gents with Questions for the Fairer Sex:
- 100 Days of Ties: Day 88 with Jimmy Eat World, Gant Rugger, and those Gitman Brothers.
- 100 Days of Ties: Day 87, continuing with the bow ties, Jimmy Buffett and dreaming of boat drinks.
- 100 Days of Ties: Day 86, a long overdue bowtie and one. cold. morning. commute.
- Quality and Quantity: Purge to fill with the Yuketen Country Ranger and more.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.