Popped into J. Crew yesterday on a much-needed retail therapy retreat. Life’s getting 8 shades of heavy at the moment, and I needed a relaxer. Since I’m not one for smoking up or going intravenous, shopping suffices. I really went to return the school boy cap I bought and thought I could pull off (not me), and ended up snagging a Utility Jacket and a pair of Essex pants. The pants were green. I had to do it. And they were $40. Again, had to. While the pants are going to be reserved for special occasions, the jacket, in its faded-black glory will be worn much more often. The fit is perfect, the weight is ideal for slightly brisk days and/or chilly Summer eves. Plus the sleeves roll up without looking goofy. Win, win, and win.I wore it to the dive bar for a quick happy hour last night. What did I notice? The reason I stopped going to that crappy bar… (Actual pictures of the gear to come.)
- You look good doing what you're doing. Some better than others, but I applaud the effort, regardless.
The 100 Days of Ties Project
Gents with Questions for the Fairer Sex:
- 100 Days of Ties: Day 88 with Jimmy Eat World, Gant Rugger, and those Gitman Brothers.
- 100 Days of Ties: Day 87, continuing with the bow ties, Jimmy Buffett and dreaming of boat drinks.
- 100 Days of Ties: Day 86, a long overdue bowtie and one. cold. morning. commute.
- Quality and Quantity: Purge to fill with the Yuketen Country Ranger and more.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.