On a recent J. Crew retail therapy outing, I scored a one of their pinpoint oxfords for the decent price of $30. It hasn’t made its way into my regular rotation right off and not because of the recent 12″ of snow (informer!) but because it came wrapped nicely in the pictured cardboard band. While the presentation was choice, it left some terrifically stubborn wrinkles that I have yet to iron them out. All along I thought I had a perfectly good, fully functioning iron. I went to use it the other day and BLAMMO! it goes haywire and decides, “You know what, Will? Get bent. I’d rather be dead.” While it may just have prejudice against J. Crew (maybe the recent trans-sexual scandal tipped the scales?), but I may have to see how a new iron stacks up against it and a few from LL Bean Sig and Ralph Lauren.
- You look good doing what you're doing. Some better than others, but I applaud the effort, regardless.
The 100 Days of Ties Project
Gents with Questions for the Fairer Sex:
- 100 Days of Ties: Day 88 with Jimmy Eat World, Gant Rugger, and those Gitman Brothers.
- 100 Days of Ties: Day 87, continuing with the bow ties, Jimmy Buffett and dreaming of boat drinks.
- 100 Days of Ties: Day 86, a long overdue bowtie and one. cold. morning. commute.
- Quality and Quantity: Purge to fill with the Yuketen Country Ranger and more.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.