Did Crew do any market research when naming this belt the Whale tail? Not that I’m such a lewd and crude gent or anything, but there’s a small part of me that will forever remain 14 years old. So when I spotted this item in the sale section up at Flatiron Crossing over the weekend, I felt compelled to get it based on name alone. Of course, the fact that it was reduced to $25 helped (and it’s still $65 online…odd). As I am one to make small talk with staff at pretty much any store I go to, I am more prone to when said staff happens to be cute. “Whale tail….heh,” I chuckled at checkout and felt like a sleazebag immediately afterward. Luckily, and to my sheer glee, this lovely young lass giggled right back with me saying, “I know right? Personally I ‘d have gone with a different emboss, but a whale tail is a whale tail is a whale tail.” I sort of fell a little bit in love at that very moment. I admit, too, that she remained on my mind even later at the Apple store when I was this close to going through with the purchase of a tablet. And while I am on the topic and doing “whale tail” searches yielding some bizarre results, that last link for the pendant is actually pretty sweet.
- You look good doing what you're doing. Some better than others, but I applaud the effort, regardless.
The 100 Days of Ties Project
Gents with Questions for the Fairer Sex:
- 100 Days of Ties: Day 88 with Jimmy Eat World, Gant Rugger, and those Gitman Brothers.
- 100 Days of Ties: Day 87, continuing with the bow ties, Jimmy Buffett and dreaming of boat drinks.
- 100 Days of Ties: Day 86, a long overdue bowtie and one. cold. morning. commute.
- Quality and Quantity: Purge to fill with the Yuketen Country Ranger and more.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.